A while ago I figured out that
I’m better at knowing what’s better for others than for myself
Whenever someone says they want to start a business, or a project, I have a ton of ideas. very good, thoughtful ideas. but not always do them myself.
So now, pretty inspired by the new year, end very inspired by my girlfriend, who want’s to start transitioning her career. I want to take a crack again at the 4 hour work week stuff.
Piggy-back on her training, to do some initiatives myself. Refresh, and pay attention to details i might have overseen in the past.
I’m gonna go hard on it this time
first I’m analyzing stuff (of course… I’m a mega analyzer)
– researching on people that changed carriers from modeling to other successful businesses
– 4hww examples in portuguese, inspiring stories and videos (to both get her pumped and give me more ideas)
– Find cliff’s notes on it, short lists
next: find fixes for each one of these glitches
points that got me stuck in the past:
– what idea? what isn’t there already? is this good enough?
– what kind of business?digital content, product..
– I started it many times, keeps sidetracking (feeling that it didn’t work in the past)
what I know
– it’s important to start, no matter what
– people way less smart than me have already done that
– test a few, see what sticks
– I will learn a lot from it, a year from know, I’m a year from what I will be thankful know here in a year
– I know a lot already (although not put in practice)
– I have 70% to go of my productive years
– I love traveling, figuring out a way to keep it all year, would be amazing
– insert videos on my blog, people love videos
so what next
– Put 4HWW audiobook on phone. That’s what i’ll listen to next
– Also map how this works with my daily work schedule:
meaning: work 4 hours a week on this plan, meaning 1 hour every other day.
– keep track of this: write, or record text, and videos on laptop camera (phone sucks to hold)
why don’t i like videos: haven’t done, editing, think i look/sound funky: (how to fix these?)
More to come…